Professional narrators Chris Snelgrove (Darkfire Productions) &
- How to use narration to get a tighter, better edited book
- How audio requires additional edits to existing books
- The difference between narrating a book and telling a great story
- What types of books work best in audio
- What POV works best in audio
- What you need to make the right recording environment
- How to use your body to enhance your voice
- How to eliminate page noises
- Dealing with multiple character voices that stay true to the book
- Tips to help communicate the style of voice you want to your narrator
- Budgeting to have a pro narrate your audio book
Oh, and we drank some beer! Beers! Jeff had a Green Flash Palate Wrecker. Evo had the Sheltownee Hop-a-Lot IPA. Veronica had a Sam Adams Summer Ale, and Chris drank root beer. Hey, at least it’s “beer”.
The Books & Beer Hangout is broadcast live every Thursday night at 6P/9E as a Google+ Hangout on Air and on YouTube Live! Circle ePublish Unum on Google+ to watch live, and to join The Books & Beer Hangover right after the show to chat with hosts and participants live!