Brand Gamblin and Ed Robertson help us cover the heavy topic of ebook pricing. Both have extensive experience with Amazon and Kindle select. Here’s the ground we covered on this episode of The Books & Beer Hangout:
- What’s the right price for an ebook?
- Acceptable price ranges for different genres
- Changing prices for ebooks over time.
- Why ebooks are priced differently from print books
- Smart pricing strategies for series of books
- Establishing your own price point as an author
- Understanding Amazon’s popularity algorithm
- How free book giveaways can boost your book’s value
- Why the Amazon system is hard to game
- How to use Kindle Select to boost your sales ranking
- Tactics for finding success with exclusive distribution partners
- Who should control the price of ebooks
- The realities of pricing dozens — or hundreds — of titles in a dynamic environment
- Pricing advice for new authors vs established authors.
The Books & Beer Hangout is broadcast live every Thursday night at 6P/9E as a Google+ Hangout on Air and on YouTube Live! Circle ePublish Unum on Google+ to watch live, and to join The Books & Beer Hangover right after the show to chat with hosts and participants live!