Informal chats about digital publishing and beer
Many conversations about ebooks, the future of publishing, digital rights, and all these things can just get so darned serious. Serious is fine… to a point. There’s a lot you can learn by just relaxing and having a fun chat about a topic. Since we (Evo Terra and Jeff Moriarty) are not only fans of all things digital publishing, but also big fans of beer, it struck us that these two things might go together really well in a rather lighthearted vein. The result is a (mostly) weekly online video conversation about Books and Beer.
Join us in the Books and Beer hangout!
Google Hangouts are multi-user, video chat rooms and can hold up to ten attendees. We kick things off every (almost) Monday at 6pm Pacific Time, and chat for about an hour. If you would like to join us, add our ePublish Unum Google+ page to your circles, and watch that page Monday evening. Everyone is welcome to ask questions as we record, and you do not need to be drinking a beer to participate… …but we definitely will be!
Watch the most recent show!
Recent Shows You May Have Missed
- 10/21 – How to NaNoWriMo like a pro
- 9/30 – Running your own author website
- 9/16 – 3 Free Blogging Tools for Authors
- 8/26 – 3 Easy Author Homebase Options
- 8/19 – Running an online writing group
- 8/12 – Sharing Quality Content as an Author
- 8/5 – Facebook as a book discovery engine?
7/29 – Jeff’s Fabulous Path to Publishing
- 7/22 – Writing groups and their value in 2013
- 7/15 – The Perilous Path to Publishing
- 7/8 – Cornucopia of Questions
- 7/1 – How do you discover new books?
- 6/24 – Why Authors Should Use Wattpad
- 6/17 – Keep people talking by constantly reinventing yourself as an author
- 6/10 – Choose Your Own Digital Publishing Adventure
- 5/31 – Keeping it Simple – Writing with Markdown
- 5/7/13 – Going Beyond the Written Word
- 4/22 – From Writer to Author — A Work In Progress
- 4/9 – Survival Tactics for Shipwrecked Authors
- 3/25/13 – Publishing through Serial Fiction
- 3/14/13 – eBook publishing with Kobo Writing Life
- 2/28/13 – ebooks and libraries
- 2/14/13 –Living the digital freelance writer lifestyle
- 2/6/13 – Google Communities for Authors
- 1/31/13 – Quest for a perfect book cover
- 1/17/13 – How to Kill a Word
- 1/3/2013 – Digital Publishing Options for Short Stories
- 12/20/2012 – No More Boring Book Videos: YouTube Strategies for Authors
- 12/13/2012 – Firing Your Publisher and Embracing Self-Publishing
- 12/6/2012 – First Time Author: Lessons Learned In Self-Publishing
- 11/29 2012 – Advertising for Authors – Is It Worth It?
- 11/8/2012 – Audio books for indie authors
- 11/1/2012 – Creating EPUB files with Calibre
- 10/4/2012 – Successful kickstarter campaigns for authors with Nelson de Witt & TBD
- 9/20/2012 –Part time writing, full time working with Sarah Rios and Rachel Desilets
- 9/6/2012 –What the hell is an editor, and why do I need one? Our guests werebe Deborah Bancroft and Karen Conlin
- 8/30/2012 – Rules for Writers, and When You Can Break Them, with Nathan Lowell & Debora Geary
- 8/23/2012 – eBook Conversion: How Hard Can That Be? with Chris Casey, Joshua Tallent & Tobias Stevenson from eBook Architects
- 8/16/2012 – The Writing Life – Realities of Being an Author in a Digital Age with Scott Sigler & A Kovacs
- 8/9/2012: eBook Pricing & Exclusive Distribution, with Brand Gamblin andEd Robertson
- 7/26/2012: How To Design A Book Cover, with John Ward & Aaron Wood
- 7/19/2012: How to Publish a Cookbook, with Mario J. Porreca
- 7/5/2012: From Blog to Book, with Pam Slim
- 6/28/2012: Science-focused book publishing. Guests Dr. Phil Plait & Larissa Hammond
- 6/14/2012: Serializing Books, or Life After Dickens. Guests Hugh Howey & Matthew Mather
- 5/31/2012: Copyright Realities for Digital Authors with Ruth Carter and Matthew Wayne Selznick
- 5/10/2012: Collaborating with multiple authors with Bliss Morgan and Doug Lance
- 5/3/2012: Book narration and voice work with Veronica Giguere and Chris Snelgrove
- 4/19/2012: Digital publishing thoughts from J.C. Hutchins and Lynette Young