Publishing an ebook; how hard can it be? Export, upload and you’re done, right? Wrong. In this 15-minute episode of The Books & Beer Hangout, we’ll share what it’s like to hit Publish, even when you know what you’re doing. Here’s what we get into:
- Writing your book blurb. Yes, you have to do it. And yes, even we hate it. But it’s worth the time.
- Make a landing page for your book. Ours are complex and add extra value. Yours probably should, too.
- Sending out free books. It’s a good idea and can help in a variety of ways. But how will you do it, and how will you keep track?
- How much tracking is too much tracking? And should you use Bit.ly or Google Analytics?
- How many times will you export your ebook? Hint: more than you think!
- Where to list, and what to look out for when setting up your own publishing entity. You’d think it’s easy. And for many marketplaces, it is. But Google and Apple have their own quirks.
- And apropos of nothing, Making Killer Google+ Profiles is out. You should buy a copy!
The Books & Beer Hangout is broadcast as a Google+ Hangout on Air and on YouTube Live! Add ePublish Unum to your circles on Google+ to watch live, and to join The Books & Beer Hangover right after the show to chat with hosts and participants live!
Can’t see the video embedded above? Download the video or watch it on YouTube.