Is writing without publishing worth the effort? Should publishing — for a fee — be the ultimate goal of all writers? Or is the concept of publishing changing, allowing for more models than creating a book that someone can only purchase? Adam Boenig joins us to discuss just that, in this interactive fifteen minute episode of The Books & Beer Hangout. Here’s what you’ll get:
- Why Adam is more focused on writing than publishing
- How to publish… without publishing as you may define it
- Alternative publishing venues for those not quite ready to charge for their work
- How to leverage Wattpad to build your audience base — and career
- When a major marketplace fits into the publishing equation
- The value of building a vast content library that you can publish later
- Building a back catalog with a blog, Google+ and other services
- Creating a network of collaborators and contributors that can help you publish later
- The danger of publishing too quickly
- For some examples of Adam’s work, check out the blog that features his writing, his Chaotic Motion page on Google+, and his YouTube channel!
And there was the obligatory drinking of beers. Tonight’s choices: Shiner’s Black Lager, Mr. Pineapple from San Tan, and the Cascara Quad from New Belgium’s Lips of Faith series.
The Books & Beer Hangout is broadcast as a Google+ Hangout on Air and on YouTube Live! Circle ePublish Unum on Google+ to watch live, and to join The Books & Beer Hangover right after the show to chat with hosts and participants live!