This week, our guest is Claudia Hall Christian. She writes the Denver Serial series, a traditional serial fiction that she’s been writing six days a week, for almost five years. But she does more than that, actually publishing–and selling– books along the way. How does that work? Pretty well, as you’ll learn in this 15 minutes of The Books and Beer Hangout!
- The good and the bad of hooking writers on your storytelling
- The size of the audience interested in serial fiction
- Writing arcs within a continuing story
- Should you write well in advance, or on a daily basis
- What it takes to keep a long-term serial story going
- How serial fiction and full-length novels can be written at the same time
- The complexity of keeping multiple storylines straight in serial fiction
- How Claudia makes money selling the same stories she gives away for free
- Why this will work for you, too.
The Books & Beer Hangout is broadcast as a Google+ Hangout on Air and on YouTube Live! Circle ePublish Unum on Google+ to watch live, and to join The Books & Beer Hangover right after the show to chat with hosts and participants live!