Mark Lefebvre is the Director of Self-Publishing & Author Relations for Kobo. He’sbeen a bookseller for 20 years, an author for 30 years and a book nerd ever since he chewed on his first book as a toddler. We brought him on to cover Kobo Writing Life and to talk about the state of the ebook industry beyond Amazon.com. Here’s what we covered on this 15 minute episode of The Books & Beer Hangout:
- A quick history of Kobo–and why you should use it!
- How Kobo partners with independent booksellers in the U.S.
- How independent bookstores support Kobo authors
- Why Google got it wrong with ebooks
- How independent bookstores benefit when customers buy Kobo books
- The interoperability of books purchased from Kobo
- How you can read books from Kobo on your ebook reading device
- How to gain an international audience with Kobo
- The realities of short-term exclusivity
The Books & Beer Hangout is broadcast as a Google+ Hangout on Air and on YouTube Live! (almost) every Monday night at 6:00p PT. Circle ePublish Unum on Google+ to watch live, and to join The Books & Beer Hangover right after the show to chat with hosts and participants live!