Daniel Messer is with Maricopoa County Library District. He’s worked in libraries for almost 20 years. As an author, he’s keenly interested in the interplay between libraries and ebooks, and has some intersting insight to share with you in 15 minutes on this edition of the Books and Beer Hangout:
- How libraries acquire ebooks for lending to patrons
- Vagaries of antiquated licensing systems that continue to plague libraries, even in ebooks
- Working with Overdrive and Freeding
- How DRM adds a new layer of complexity
- How you can check out books from the library and read them on your ebook reading device
- Yes, Amazon does play (nicely?) with your library
- But in the world of $.99 and free ebooks… will libraries survive?
- Conversations about the great fear publishers have of piracy from libraries, and why that’s stupid
- How indie authors can get their books in the public library
The Books & Beer Hangout is broadcast live as a Google+ Hangout on Air and on YouTube Live! Circle ePublish Unum on Google+ to watch live, and to join The Books & Beer Hangover right after the show to chat with hosts and participants live!