Calibre is a free ebook editing tool used by many first time authors. Learn from Jeff’s pain when he used Calibre putting together the curriculum for our Four Weeks to Finished class. That’s a great online class for the person who’s been writing on their book for years and just needs to get you over the finish line with a published ebook. Here’s what we covered on this rebooting of The Books and Beer Hangout:
- Why do authors use Calibre to convert their book to EPUB format?
- The importance of starting with a clean Word document
- The right way to save your Word file so that Calibre can handle it
- How much faster things get once you finally get to Calibre
- What marketplaces can take the EPUB file that Calibre produces
- The learning curve and the process required to make Calibre work for you
- The most maddening thing about Calibre Jeff discovered that you should try to avoid
- Whether Calibre is right for you, or if you need a professional ebook conversion service
- The shortcomings of Calibre, and other software you may also need
The Books & Beer Hangout is broadcast live every Thursday night at 6P/9E as a Google+ Hangout on Air and on YouTube Live! Circle ePublish Unum on Google+ to watch live, and to join The Books & Beer Hangover right after the show to chat with hosts and participants live!