Are Google and Facebook good advertising platforms for authors? Evo has over a decade of experience in advertising, so you’ll want to get his opinion before you spend your money. Here are the highlights of this 15-minute episode of The Books & Beer Hangout:
- Self-serve advertising platforms for authors
- The basics of Google AdWords
- What kind of keywords you should buy
- Why you shouldn’t buy your title or character names
- Using Google to place ads in context on other websites
- Great audience targeting options on Facebook
- Easy changes that cause your Facebook ads to perform better
- Writing your ads to the interest of your audience
- Why sales are more important than ad clicks
- When to use promoted posts to beat the Facebook algorithm
- Come to our free seminar “Book Titles – A mixture of art and science” on Dec 11th! (Sign up for more details)
- Classes to help you get your first book published start up again in January!
And there was the obligatory drinking of beers. Tonight’s choices: Jeff’s own home brewed imperial stout And a Ta Henket by Dogfish Head.
The Books & Beer Hangout is broadcast live every Thursday night at 6P/9E as a Google+ Hangout on Air and on YouTube Live! Circle ePublish Unum on Google+ to watch live, and to join The Books & Beer Hangover right after the show to chat with hosts and participants live!