Mario J. Porreca, award-winning chef, author, and food personality joins us on this episode of The Books & Beer Hangout. We dug into the realities of making a cookbook in a digital age. Our subject matter expert was . Go buy his book, The Good, The Bad, The Cookbook, and here’s what we covered:
- How to leverage your cooking experience to write a book
- How to construct a great cookbook
- The role pictures play in cookbooks
- How to keep your recipes easy in your cookbook
- How to make a cookbook that people use, not just own
- Why you need Escoffier: The Complete Guide to the Art of Modern Cookery
- How digital publishing allows would-be cookbook authors to reach their audience
- How digital books appeal to the impulse cooker — a built in audience!
- The changing definition of “book” when cookbooks are concerned
- What changes in digital publishing are of interest the modern cookbook author
- How the digital format will change food-based book publishing
- What cookbooks will look like, act, and feel in the future
- The ultimate tip for the chef or foodie wanting to write a book
The Books & Beer Hangout is broadcast live every Thursday night at 6P/9E as a Google+ Hangout on Air and on YouTube Live! Circle ePublish Unum on Google+ to watch live, and to join The Books & Beer Hangover right after the show to chat with hosts and participants live!